A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

I set off to finish manuring the two beds but some bad news about a work colleague means I come home shortly after starting.
I manage to sneak down later on for half-an-hour. It is enough time to finish putting manure down on the second of the two empty beds. Three well-filled wheelbarrows are enough to complete the job. This is where I'm planning to put the potatoes this year so the manure is going to help a lot. The only bed still to tackle is the one at the very back that I have not even dug over yet. I've got a few days off work coming up so I should be able to get it done. I dig up some parsnips - I can't believe the plot is still producing crops in February. Amazing.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?