A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Monday, December 20, 2004

I manage to wangle my way out of Christmas shopping and, as a result, get to go down to the plot to carry on with the digging. I notice that, despite the recent cold snap, the onions and broad beans seem to be making good progress.

The broad beans are beginning to show


I crack on with the digging and after an hour-or-so, finish the bed where there was previously a large pile of upturned grass sods. It gives me a good sense of achievement - I now have a whole new bed to play with next year.

The over-wintering onions have survived the cold weather so far


I still haven't made a plan for next year although I have a rough idea of what is going to go where. I must sit down over the holiday period with my wife and choose what crops we want next year and where we should put them.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?