A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

There is rain in the air but I decide I have to go down to the plot and dig up the rest of the carrots. The ground is thick and cloying but I quickly dig up the remainder of the crop - there are some real beauties too. I also pull up the rest of the tomato plants - there are plenty of rotten tomatoes lying on the ground. I'll have to deal with them another time. The plot is not looking great. The back half is badly overgrown. I bump into Eric - who I haven't seen in ages. I try to excuse the state of my plot by blaming it on the wet weather and to my eternal gratitude he agrees that it has been very weather and that the weeds have taken over even on his well-cared for plot.

The weeds are taking over


It makes me feel better but I am still determined to find the time soon to come down and bring some order to bear. I wash all the carrots and bring home a nice heavy bag.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?