A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

My car has to go in for a service today and my dad gives me a lift home after I drop it off. We then both go down to the allotments - me to do a bit more work, him to have a look for the first time in a while. I pick a couple of squashes still growing and give them to dad. I then crack on with clearing the bed where the lettuce was growing. It is surprisingly easy as the ground is soft and I make swift progress - pulling out plenty of weeds - but in the middle of it I find quite a bit of rocket growing and the spinach beet is still thriving. A call from the garage about some complications with the service, cuts my time short. But I've turned over about a third of the lettuce bed and cut off a good handful of rocket for my lunch. If the weather stays dry tomorrow, I should be able to finish the bed which would make the whole plot look good. The site is having a skip delivered on Friday for a week and I have plenty of rubbish to get rid of. The more I can ditch, the better-looking plot I will have.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?