A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

I have a good couple of hours this morning to get on with disposing of the pile of sods. However, first of all I continue to tidy up the strawberry bed. Then my dad arrives and we crack on with filling up the wheelbarrow and then transferring the earth onto the top of the skip. It is hard going - at one time I even drop the empty wheelbarrow on my dad's head. But eventually we have got rid of most of it. Dad edges the bed a bit so you can see the pathways around it. It looks much better but there is still quite a bit to do. I have found another bramble, buried deep. I fail to dig out the root however - it's just too deep down. At least I managed to make some use of the skip. After picking the kids up from school, we return to the plot to dig up some parsnips. I get four beauties which we eat for dinner. Delicious.

The parsnips are very impressive and they taste as good as they look


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?