A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Monday, November 29, 2004

A dry day off gives me the chance to dash down for another hour at the end of the day with my youngest son to try and carry on with some digging. I dig up some of the weeds, stinging nettles and thistles in the bed where the onions were last year. There are a lot of brambles in this bed and I haven't brought my secateurs. As I cannot get down to the roots, I will have to come back and cut them off as low down as I can manage. I also appear to have lost my gardening gloves so I get stung quite a bit by the nettles. The pile of weeds by the side of the plot is growing very big but at least the end is in sight - almost.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?