A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Friday, November 19, 2004

Amazingly it is another dry day today and I have a day off so I manage to put in a couple of hours at the plot. I continue digging the bed where the pile of sods used to be but I also put a bit of effort into finishing the old lettuce bed and trimming some of the strawberries on the last row that I haven't touched yet. The good news is that my onions are looking really good and the green manure has come up in the two beds where I planted it despite the recent spell of cold weather.

The onions look good and the green manure is coming up


It means that more than half of the plot has stuff growing on it. I have a big pile of weeds growing at the side of the plot but it is looking a lot smarter. I only have two beds at the back that are weed-covered and yet to be touched. On the way out, I pick the rest of the rocket. I also dig up three parsnips for dinner - including a massive two-footer. The remaining parsnips will last well into December.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?