A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Today has got to be the day to dig up the main crop of potatoes - the sun is shining - and so I go down in the morning and crack on with it. I haven't been down to the plot as much as I should have been recently and it is sad to see how the brambles are taking over in a couple of beds. I dig up all the King Edwards and there are quite a few of them. There are a lot of very small ones but I'm generally quite pleased. I leave them all to dry in the sun for a few hours as the books tell me to. I return in the late afternoon. I bag all the spuds up and take them home. Storage is going to prove a bit of a problem. I buy some paper potato bags from the Organic Gardening Catalogue to put them in but the HDRA website says they should be kept at between 5-10C. I guess they'll be all right in the greenhouse for a few weeks but after that I might have to think again.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?