A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Monday, September 13, 2004

Rain means I can only go down to the plot for half-an-hour late in the day. My wife Cath picks some of the tomatoes that haven't been affected by blight - quite a few in fact - as well as a courgette and a couple of squashes. I cut off the remaining haulms from the potato plants as I think I should dig them up in a couple of weeks. We actually dig one up now just to see - there aren't loads of potatoes and they are quite small but at least they are there. Cath then makes a ratatouille for dinner using the onions, courgette and a squash and it is very tasty indeed. The whole meal probably only cost a couple of quid. Great.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?