A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Friday, September 10, 2004

I haven't been down to the plot for a week as I have been preparing for a job interview at work. My wife asks me to pick up some spinach beet on the way home from work. I cycle in and immediately notice how the weeds have successfully fought back after my efforts to tidy the plot up a fortnight ago. It's always disappointing to see how quickly they reclaim the land. The other thing that stands out is how many of my tomatoes have blight. I need to come down as soon as possible and pull up the worst affected plants and pick some of the edible tomatoes. It's a real shame as I don't know what caused it and was looking forward to eating tomatoes for weeks to come. Ah well.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?