A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Friday, September 03, 2004

I have been at work for four days in a row this week and so haven't seen the plot since Sunday. This weekend we will be away at a wedding so I have to limit myself to dashing down in the afternoon. It is time to feed the tomatoes but as I begin to water them, I notice they have got some sort of blight. My neighbour Jim lost all of his to blight but he said that was because he had planted his too close together. I followed the instructions in the book to the letter when I laid my plants out but they seem to have fallen victim to the same problem. I pull up two plants that are really badly affected. My wife thinks we won't lose the whole crop but I am a bit more pessimistic. I cut off all the worst affected parts of the plants. We will just have to wait and see.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?