A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Sunday, August 08, 2004

I crack on with some serious weeding, wielding my mattock for the first time in many a month. The brambles have really started to reclaim some of the beds at the back of the plot. I manage to dig up a few monstrous roots as well as pulling up quite a few thistles. I bag up several piles of weeds I have left rotting in various parts of the plot with the intention of taking them to the dump later in the week. By the time I've finished, the plot is looking a lot neater. There are still plenty of weeds, especially between the rows of potatoes, but at least it begins to look like I am in control and not them.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?