A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Sunday, August 22, 2004

A brief trip down to the allotment shows that it is still in pretty good shape. My main task today is to feed the tomatoes and water the lettuce and rocket I planted last week. I cut out more sideshoots on the tomato plants and remove some of the leaves that are hiding the fruit from the sun. There will be a few more ready to pick in the next couple of days. There are two more enormous courgettes to pick - both from the one plant that has produced the vast majority of the veg. I cut back some brambles that are beginning to encroach on the back two beds - I'll need to come down and put a bit more effort in to keep them out completely. The squashes are coming on a treat and my wife even points out the first of the French beans beginning to develop.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?