A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Thursday, August 12, 2004

After all that hard work clearing weeds last week, I have been at work for four days and it has rained quite a lot. I'm off to Wales for the weekend so I am anxious to see how many weeds have grown back. I nip down quickly and see that the allotment still looks OK. The tomatoes have put on another huge growth spurt - I will need to prune off a few more sideshoots and pinch out the tops soon or they will topple over. The squashes are coming along nicely - I'm sure there are quite a few more hidden away under the plants' massive leaves. I will have to go round each plant and cut off more leaves to expose the squashes to the sun - that's what the book says to do and who am I to argue.

The squashes are growing nicely.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?