A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Monday, July 12, 2004

A day off work gives me the chance to take some grass cuttings down to the allotment to dump on the compost heap. I'm not sure I've got the hang of making compost as none of mine seems to be breaking down. I follow the advice of my gardening books and cut all the foliage off my strawberry plants and try to bury as many runners as possible. I notice that some of the courgettes are getting very big. I also pull up the remainder of the pea and bean plants and throw them on the compost heap. I'm going on holiday at the end of the week and I want to try and leave the plot in as good a nick as possible.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?