A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

As we are going on holiday in a week-and-a-half, I decide to dig up all the remaining early potatoes so we can concentrate on eating them all before our departure. The ground is bloody hard and it is not easy going but I get them all up eventually - and there are some real beauties among them. My wife joins me after a while and picks some broad beans while I begin the job of cutting out the sideshoots on the tomato plants. I have left it a bit late and there are some big ones and in some cases it is hard to tell the main stem of the plant from the sideshoots. As I trim them, I tie them up to bamboo canes. I have to stop after I've done about eight plants as my young son Nathan is fed up of playing among the plants and wants to go home.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?