A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Friday, July 02, 2004

After a trip to my son's school for an Ugly Bug picnic lunch,

Matthew as a ladybird



my wife, youngest son and I head down to the plot to get some more crops. I dig up some potatoes for tonight's dinner, while Cath gets some beans. While we are digging and picking, the heavens open and we have to hide in the shed until the shower passes. We then head for home with our latest pickings. The beans turn out to be a bit tough when we have them for tea. I think I should have picked them all when they were ripe, rather than trying to pick them as I needed them. Another lesson learned.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?