A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

After a few days of rain, I get the chance to go down to the plot. My dad joins me and we crack on with some of the jobs that need doing. My dad weeds among the carrots and parsnips while I finish the job of weeding the onion bed. I pull up a few onions while I am at it. Then my dad starts to earth up the maincrop. The recent rain makes this job a bit easier as the clay sods sit happily on top of the potato mounds. I help finish off the earthing up and then pick some broad beans and peas. At the end of a few hours work, the plot looks a lot better - mostly weeded and with the rows of potatoes earthed up. I feel happy that we have brought some order to the plot and reclaimed some of the beds from the weeds.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?