A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Friday, May 21, 2004

Unfortunately my plan to come down every evening this week fell at the first hurdle. I didn't go down on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday so today is the first time I have been down for a few days. It has rained overnight and so the weeds are staging a big comeback. I dust down my hoe and try to clear the worst of them among the onions, peas, lettuces, strawberries and potatoes. My maincrop of King Edwards are beginning to emerge from their hills. I also spend some time clearing the bed where I intend to plant my tomatoes. I take all the weeds out and try to get it to as fine a tilth as possible. I have got 20-odd tomato plants in the greenhouse which are gagging to get into the ground. The courgette and squash plants are equally looking ready to be put in - that's another bed I am going to have to prepare.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?