A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Saturday, May 15, 2004

My friends Jason and Hilary come over for the evening and I take the opportunity to show them the plot. My neighbour Jim is, as ever, working hard on his plot which is looking very smart and weed-free. While I show Jace and Hilary round, my pride is tempered by the amount of weeds among the onions and the carrot and parsnip bed. I will have to try and find a way of clearing most of them as they are really taking the shine off the success I have had in growing most of my crops. Hilary, who is a big pea fan, spots pods growing on the pea plants which I hadn't noticed. That really pleases me and I go away happy but determined to get on top of the weeds.

The pea plants have sprouted lovely green pods.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?