A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Monday, May 31, 2004

It's my birthday but I still find time to go down to the plot and put the mats round the strawberries. My son Matthew helps and we soon get it done - only we are three mats short and, on some of the bigger plants, the strawberries are still falling on the ground. I'll have to buy some soil after all. The next problem that needs sorting is that, as I came in, I got stung by some nettles on the neighbouring overgrown plot. Because no-one looks after the two half-plots on either side of me, I will have to cut back some of this over growth. I pull up an onion - a real whopper - for tonight's dinner. Next job - planting out the tomatoes and courgettes.

Matthew helped put the mats around the strawberry plants

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?