A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Friday, May 14, 2004

I haven't been down to the plot for four days and once again the weeds are taking over. Bindweed and thistles are becoming my mortal enemies. Another skip has been delivered to the allotments so I take the chance to throw out three rolls of unused turf, the offcuts of roofing felt that were left over when I recovered the roof of the shed and a bit more carpet and wood. I crack on and do as much weeding as I can and throw a barrow-full of that in the skip for good measure. There is still a lot more to do. In order to stay on top of the weeds I think I will have to come down here everyday.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?