A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Thursday, May 27, 2004

I am able to go down to the plot for a couple of hours work this morning. This enables me to finish weeding the whole plot - just hoeing all the beds and knocking the tops off all the weeds. I then start digging over the bed at the back of the plot that has had a carpet covering for the last three years. It is tough going but I do about two-thirds of it. It is going to house the courgettes and squashes. I've got four days off next week and am hoping to put in the tomato, courgette and squash plants. That would mean the plot was full to bursting. As the Korean lettuce has proved such a hit, I fill in the holes in my rows of lettuces with some new seed. I also sow a row of Little Gem English lettuce to even up the balance.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?