A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Sunday, May 23, 2004

As my parents-in-law are helping to entertain the kids, I go down to the plot in the early evening to do a bit of weeding. Having seen what parsnip plants look like at Wisley yesterday, I confidently weed the two rows and am quite happy to see quite a few of the little blighters growing happily. I also weed among the carrots and then put on the sprinkler for half-an-hour. A general tidy up leaves me very contented with the state of my plot. There are still plenty of weeds here and there, a grass verge in desperate need of trimming and one last bed to dig. But the plot and the crops are really coming along.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?