A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Saturday, April 17, 2004

I hatched a plan with my wife to solve the lack of water problem. She would fill up as many plastic bottles with water as she could while I was at work and leave them in the boot of the car. Then when I got home (after an 11-hour shift) I would drive down and tip the contents over the driest of the crops. We put the plan into action and of course when I get to the plot the water is back on. It takes me ages to sort out the new hose I have bought and have trouble fitting the connectors. In the meantime I empty the water bottles on the strawberries and rhubarb. I finally get the hose working and put the sprinkler on for about 15 minutes while I put the bottles back in the car. By this time it is bloody freezing and when I get home I am very cold but glad to have got some water to my plants.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?