A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Saturday, April 24, 2004

I finish weeding the onions to the best of my abilities. The rhubarb still isn't exactly setting the world on fire but most of the other crops look good. I need to weed the bed where the parsnips and carrots are growing but as I can't tell which is which at the moment I think I leave it until things become a bit more obvious. I meet some new plot holders who are starting to clear a tiny bit of their new overgrown plot with a pair of shears. I reminds me of how I started and how far I've come. The woman comes over and admires my plot - singling out my potato plants for particular praise - which have really grown and are looking good. I thank her and go home feeling good about things.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?