A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

My carpentry skills are coming on. I cut four planks to shape and replace half of the rotten floor in the shed. I then climb up on the roof to have a look at the extent of the problem up there. There is absolutely no felt left and many of the planks are rotten. I nail a replacement over the worst of the rotten planks. I'm not too worried about the rest - I just need to cover it all with a piece of felt. I turn my attention to the beds and make the final preparations for the strawberry plants. There's no frost predicted tonight but rain on Wednesday so it's got to be today. I stick all 11 plants in one row and give them a bit of water. I think I'll buy another 10 so I can put another row in and compare how the two varieties do.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?