A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Monday, March 01, 2004

It snowed overnight but I go down to the allotment to finish the last few metres that need digging. It is hard getting the spade through the first half-inch of the ground but after that it is easy enough. I finish it quickly and then dig over the bed where I am planning to put the strawberries on Tuesday. They are not doing so well in the trays so I think I'll take my chances with the frost. I also rip up a couple of the rotten floorboards in the shed. I need to saw their replacements to size and nail them down tomorrow. Then I'll have to get some felt to re-cover the roof to keep the rain out. I'm becoming a jack-of-all-trades since taking on this plot.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?