A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Thursday, March 11, 2004

I have bought a roll of felt from B&Q, nails and some stanley knives so it is time to take my ladder down to the allotments and fix the leaking shed roof. It is a bit of a chilly morning but I crack on and take off what remains of the old felt, as many of the old nails as I can and I pull down an old piece of wood that is sticking up until I am left with a nice blank flat roof. Following the instructions on the felt, I cut off a piece and begin nailing it into place. It is very windy and it keeps blowing off. But I persevere until I have nailed it into place. I didn't realise it was so cold and my fingers are beginning to feel a bit numb. Now that I've started I'm determined to finish. I cut the next piece and nail it on as quickly as I can. The finished job looks a bit rough round the edges but it is so cold I just want to get home. Although the sides don't look great, the top looks fine and I don't think any more rain will be getting in through there. Happy, I go home. My next job will be planting out the spuds.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?