A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Saturday, March 06, 2004

I am desperate to have a look and see how the strawberries are doing. They looked so dodgy after a few days in a seed tray that I wonder if they have thrived in their bed. The whole family takes a trip down to the plot and, amazingly, all the strawberry plants have a bit of fresh growth on them - the crown on every plant is bright green. Result!. They are obviously thriving. The HDRA's advice to get them in asap was obviously right. My wife and I decide to buy some different varieties to fill up the bed. I visit the Organic Gardening Catalogue and buy 10 plants of two different varieties. Three rows of 10 plants will fill the bed and hopefully mean some nice, juicy strawberries come the summer. Now I've just got to fix that roof.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?