A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

After a few days at work and looking after sick kids, the weather seems just right to go and plant some lettuce, parsnips and carrots. I quickly fork over the earth in the bed earmarked for parsnips and carrots and then begin breaking it up so it forms a nice tilth. My dad stops by to check on the progress and then a couple of other plot holders stop for a chat. A Korean chap with a plot by the entrance gives me a load of seed for Korean lettuce so I plant a row next to my row of Tom Thumb. I also sow three rows of carrots and two of parsnip and have plenty of seed left over. More garlic is coming through and my strawberry plants are looking good too. I do a quick spot of weeding and leave it at that. I can't wait for my other strawberry plants to arrive and the rhubarb. The plot is really filling up.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?