A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Thursday, February 19, 2004

I've been visiting my parents-in-law in mid-Wales. While there I spotted a pile of wooden planks my father-in-law didn't seem to be using. I asked if I could have them to make walkways between my beds and so we spent a part of one morning, sawing them to fit in the boot of my car. I come back to New Malden and find there is a parcel waiting for collection at the post office. I trot down with my eldest son Matthew - who is hoping it's a present for him - to discover 10 strawberry plants. I come home and put them in a couple of seed trays in the greenhouse. I take the wood down to the allotment and use it mark out the remaining beds. I've got four more to dig but I'm working for the next three days so it will have to wait till next week.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?