A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Tuesday, February 03, 2004

After a couple of days of strong winds, I trot down to the allotment to see if my pea netting has stood up to the buffeting it must have received. A few of the canes have been blown over so I stand them all upright and push them as far down into the ground as I can. Now they should even survive a hurricane. Over the weekend I got a newsletter from the Malden and Coombe Horticultural Society which said seed potatoes were now in stock at the hut at the allotment site. That means on Saturday, I will have to go down a buy my earlies and maincrop and start chitting them out in the kitchen. Do you see how I now know all the lingo? Impressive huh?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?