A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Monday, December 22, 2003

I nip down today to do a little bit of weeding. I hoe between the peas and the broad beans so the rows look a little tidier. I also try to pull some of the grass that is growing among the onions up. However occasionally I grab an onion by mistake. They don't look like they are growing very well - although they have shoots coming out the top, the bulbs of the ones I actually pull up are still small and squashy. I can't believe they are meant to be like that but I'll wait and see. If they don't work, I'll know to prepare the ground better next time. As I said right at the beginning of this venture, it is all going to be one big learning curve for me and I do intend to learn from my mistakes. At the end of this stint, the plot is looking good and should stand up to my father-in-law's visit over the Christmas period.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?