A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Tuesday, December 16, 2003

I come down to the allotment with my powerdrill/screwdriver and a plank of wood and a saw. I quickly reattach the doors, although one doesn't fit properly which annoys me. But I can't have another attempt because the battery runs out on the electric screwdriver. I then turn my attention to the bin and saw a piece of wood to shape and nail it in place to replace the broken piece. There has been another delivery of horse manure - I could do with topping up my supplies.
I think to reattach the door properly I will need someone to help. So in the afternoon, I come back down with my wife and children. With my wife's help I get the door to fit more-or-less - at least so it will close anyhow. Then as we leave, I notice an old abandoned wheelbarrow on a neglected plot. That will do nicely when I return at the weekend to get some manure.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?