A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Sunday, December 07, 2003

After a terrible night with a near midnight-dash to the out of hours doctor's and two trips to the late-night chemist, I get up late and everyone is feeling a bit the worse for wear. However my wife feels a bit better and now my son has been prescribed anti-biotics, he is also on the road to recovery. When my wife takes the two boys out for a drive, I see it as my cue to race down to the allotment, borrow a wheelbarrow from a neighbouring plot and start getting rid of the various piles of rubbish all over my plot. This is such a good chance to get rid of a lot of stuff that I am quite thorough. A lawnmower in the shed, a sink, the weed-covered carpet that used to cover the back of my plot - it all goes in along with loads of bramble roots and pieces of the broken up slab of cement. Anything that I think I have no use for goes in the skip - which has almost completely filled up since yesterday. After about an hour, I have dumped it all and I have a very tidy, respectable looking plot. I will need to weed the beds where the peas and beans are growing but it is at least now a tidy-looking plot.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?