A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Sunday, November 23, 2003

It has rained all weekend and I spend a few hours today trying to fix the greenhouse in my back garden. I pulled the door off the other week and smashed all of its glass panels. The wheels on the door runner had rotted and, although I tried some makeshift replacements, none of them worked. I then found a website called Gardensite that sold the replacement bits I needed and they arrived on Saturday. I spent a few hours fixing the new parts to the door - although it still doesn't exactly run very smoothly. I also found some replacement glass panels in my shed and fitted one of them to the door. I couldn't put any more on as I couldn't find all the clips that hold the glass in place. They are presumably lying among all the fallen leaves on the ground but the rain prevented me from looking more thoroughly. My next job is to clean out the greenhouse and wash all the pots and trays ahead of planting my veg seeds when they arrive in the new year.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?