A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Friday, November 21, 2003

I take my son to school and then race down to the allotment to see if any peas or beans are growing through. To my surprise some beans do appear to be coming up - not loads, not the rows I sowed but there are definitely some popping up through the earth. When I come home I decide to take some advice from the HDRA and make some plastic bottle cloches. I cut the bottoms of three, 6-pint milk bottles - releasing a few dribbles of absolutely vile smelling off-milk in the process. Then I take them down to my plot and put them over the top of the largest three patches of beans. Not sure if it will work but there is a frost predicted for tonight so I'd rather play it safe. Not much more to do now except wait.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?