A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Monday, September 29, 2003

Today is the day that I finally finish clearing the biggest bed of all its grass. I can't quite believe it - it looks so different from when I first saw it. In only a few short weeks the bed is completely cleared - and there is a large pile of upturned sods in the corner of the plot to prove it. I couldn't have done it without my trusty mattock. I haven't dug the earth to any great depth but clearing off all that grass and breaking up the ground underneath has got to be a huge improvement on what I started with. I am a happy man today. Next the three smaller beds will face the same treatment.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?