A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Friday, September 19, 2003

I put in a couple more hours. My pile of upturned grass is beginning to resemble a mountain. As I have mentioned before, all the other plot holders have been very encouraging, spurring me on with their kind words. But today, one plot holder decided to interrupt me as I was beavering away with my mattock. His opening words still stick in my mind (throat?) "I don't want to put you off but..this plot is rubbish. Why don't you ask for another one." I'm glad he didn't want to put me off. While I am happy to stand and chat for as long as necessary to other allotment holders - I am quite frosty with this chap, and return to my work as quickly as possible. Fortunately enough other people have told me what a good plot it should be, that I chose to ignore this one piece of bad comment.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?