A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Saturday, September 06, 2003

Haven't been able to get down for a couple of days. I've been thinking about how I can make any sort of impression on the concrete-like earth. Should I wait for it to rain, as many of my fellow allotment-holders have suggested? I mentioned this problem to a colleague at work and he told me he had a similar problem with his front garden and ended up hiring someone to do it. He said an old geezer with a pickaxe came and ripped up his front garden in next-to-no time. Is that the answer? I mention it to another allotment holder and he says he can lend me his next week. When I get chatting to a neighbouring plot holder, he recommends a mattock. I've never even heard of a mattock but he says if I come down tomorrow I can borrow his.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?