A day-to-day guide to creating an allotment garden from a starting point of absolutely no knowledge and no experience.

Wednesday, September 03, 2003

The appointment with the gardener is at one o'clock. I nip down early to clear more brambles to make it look even better. I have to say work is progressing nicely.
But when the gardener comes he points out that, to a large extent, we have done the easy part. He says he could provide two men to turn the earth over and clear the weeds but says that in four hours they would only manage to clear about half the plot. The cost? £18-an-hour each. £144 to have about half the plot cleared. I don't take long to thinks about it as I simply can't afford it. It also sticks in my claw a bit to pay someone for a job that, although hard, physical labour and although I'm no Superman, I should be able to do myself. How hard can it be?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?